Why You Need Insurance
For almost every consumer, it makes sense to carry decent amounts of life, auto, health, and homeowners insurance. Read on to learn some of the reasons why you need each of these Michigan insurance policies.
Michigan Life Insurance
Life insurance is different from other kinds of policies because it is intended to protect the financial security of the people who depend on you rather than your own. Usually, the Michigan insurance quotes you'll receive on life insurance are for term policies, which only pay benefits if you die before the term, or duration of the policy, expires. We've summarized a few of the reasons you might need Michigan life insurance below.
- You have dependents (young children, spouse, elderly parents, etc.)
- You don't want to burden your loved ones with your final expenses, such as burial costs
- You want to help the ones you leave behind pay for expenses like home mortgages and college
Michigan Health Insurance
You can get Michigan insurance quotes on several different types of health insurance policies. These policies can run the gamut from covering only catastrophic medical expenses to paying for everything from preventive care to prescription meds. You need to purchase Michigan health insurance if you do not have coverage through your employer or your employer-sponsored coverage is inadequate. In summary, you should buy health insurance because:
- Medical expenses are one of the leading causes of bankruptcy
- Healthcare costs continue to rise faster than inflation
- The right plan will pay for your medications, doctor visits, hospital stays, and more
Michigan Auto Insurance
Auto insurance is important for two reasons. First, the law requires you to carry a specific amount of liability coverage to drive legally. Secondly, Michigan car insurance will help you pay for the damages and injuries that result from a collision. A summary of the most compelling reasons to get Michigan insurance quotes on an auto policy are listed below.
- You need liability coverage to comply with the law
- Protect the investment you've made in your vehicle with collision and comprehensive coverage
- An auto policy can pay for your and your passengers' injuries after an accident
Michigan Home Insurance
Michigan home insurance pays to replace or repair your home after a covered loss, such as fire, theft, or a weather-related event. You should get quotes on Michigan insurance to cover your home because:
- Your home is likely your most valuable asset
- Mortgage lenders require homeowners insurance to qualify
- Home insurance will protect you from liability exposure